Thursday, December 1, 2011

Checking In to Build a Habit

As I write type this it's five minutes to six in the morning, local time. I have Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip playing three feet in front of me ("Nevada Day, part 1" in particular). Most weekdays at this time I would be collecting my case and readying to head out to the door for my dayjob, but today I'm working one of our "switched shifts", which means that I'm not due to arrive there until eight am. So I have open time.

I need to get into a pattern of posting to this blog, and preferably posting something significant. Significant this is not.

Instead I'm writing more to help develop this pattern; posting to make a habit of posting.

...

And I'm coming up empty. I guess I'm just checking in, then.

It's twelve minutes past six now. I'll think about something substantial to write in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment